Dress (as top): Joy, Skirt: Primark, Scarf: Primark, Belt: So old I have no idea!
Ever buy something because its supposed to be fashionable, but then when you wear it, you just don’t know how to make it not look frumpy? I think I failed here. I bought the skirt in October or November last year but this is the first time I’ve actually worn it! The top is a dress that I did my usual trick of dropping bleach on it – total fail. I’m still not sure about the skirt, but at least with these outfit posts I can see an outfit a bit better than in my wiggly mirrors from Ikea!
- HRRRRRNK! (I did actually make this noise when I saw the post in my Google Reader) Hyperbole and a Half is going to be bookified! BOOKS! REAL BOOKS! (I love the simple dog, and tried these tests on Fern.)
- Speaking of the insane spaniel who takes up more of the bed than the humans who are there – I’ve made a Posterous site so I can share the photos easily. That is all I will do. Otherwise that would make me a crazy dog lady.
- Cupcake Vodka. I am a cupcake (actually, any cake, I’m not fussy) lover, but this is just TOO FAR. Apparently its from the people who brought you Cupcake Vineyards. It sounds so wrong – but I’d still try it (if you’d like to send me a few bottles, cupcake boozers….?)
- Another recipe I need to add to my ever growing list – Corn Dogs. I know, I know, they’re not exactly the best thing to eat, but I tried them in San Francisco and fell in lurrrrrrve. Meat on a stick, what else do you want?
- I love love love paper cut artwork (is there another name for it?) and these pieces by Sara Burgess are gorgeous. I wish I could make them myself!
- This flowchart “Am I Wearing Pants?” made me laugh, it matches well with my old blogpost Leggings Are Not Trousers
- Animalswithstuffedanimals.com – thats all you need to know about the site really.
- This week I’ve been watching far too much Veronica Mars (I still hope for news of a new series or a movie), Mythbusters (and doing impressions of Jamie!) and Extreme Couponing (which is possibly my favourite show ever. The couponing ladies are a bit obsessive and crazy,Ã‚Â whilstÃ‚Â the couponing men are generous and religious.)
Finally, because I’m going to sound like a broken record by next week – please do vote for me in the Freya Blog Star competition (if you saw my blog post earlier in the week, you’ll know my story) You just need to go to the Blog Star tab, and allow it to access your info, click my happy little face (!) Ã‚Â then click the “Vote for Me” bit. Easy peasy.