Its been a while since I’ve used the sewing machine (I was kinda put off since making ~20 meters of bunting for Lou and Naths wedding!) but I thought I should do something with this material which has been lurking around for about 3 years. I’ve put aside the main part of it for a work skirt, but there was more than enough left over to make a little iPhone case.
I cut the inner felt pocket about an inch larger all around the iPhone.
The outer fabric (the striped one) was cut larger than the felt – I was going to put some stuffing into the case to give it a bit more protection.
Sewing up the inner pocket
Stitching the inner pocket to the outer one. I left the bottom of the inner pocket unstiched so I could turn it inside out.
The finished item. I ended up not stuffing it, as it seemed that it would be too tight, but the case itself was a little larger than planned – which is fine, cause now I can tuck my headphones inside! If I were to make it again, I would probably make the outer layer larger, and perhaps make the inner layer smaller, to allow for the padding.