I keep getting tagged in this meme, meaning to do it and then forgetting all about it. So I’m sorry Aimee Marie, Dani Johanna and Ephemeral Baby, but have lumped you all together as one because, honestly, I don’t think theres 3 interesting things about me that you lot don’t already know, never mind 7 or 11!
So, to mush up everything, here are the rules of this meme:
* Thank and link back to the people who awarded you and then apologise for being so rubbish (soz)
* Write seven random things about yourself
* Award this to amazing bloggers: Well, can I cop out here and just say YOU. Yeah, you.
* Answer the questions given to you by the sender
* Create new questions for the next people to answer
So! Random facts that you probably already know:
- My birthmark is hideous. No, really. Its about the size of a 50p (or maybe a tub of Carmex), its at the top of my left leg and its (ugh) furry like a mole.
- I couldn’t swim until I was 15, when I was forced to do remedial swimming. (Did you know there was such a thing? Nor me) I’m still not that great, but I can do a bit of backstroke.
- I got an A at GCSE French, despite an argument with the teacher who wanted to put me into the foundation group. I told her it was because I knew I could get the grade. Truth: the boys in my class were cute.
- My choice of university was influenced by a boy too – but they didn’t do the course I wanted. I visited the city anyway after my first year, fell in love with the actual place…and moved there 6 years later.
- When I was 10, I fell and smashed my front tooth. The dentist removed the root with not enough anaesthetic and after a few (a LOT) of bodged repairs, I have a full set of teeth, but that’s why I don’t like smiling in photos. (And also why I haven’t been to a dentist in 10 years. I know.)
- I can’t actually touch type. (edit:I type fast, I don’t type “properly”)
- I’m still a little sad that I can’t buy my favourite bread in Bristol (without going to Costco) and that my favourite spread is no longer made. Might sound odd, but one of my fondest memories of Mum is that when we’d been to Sainos for a loaf, we’d come home and have the first fresh slices with a bit of margarine on.
And so to Jo’s questions…
If you could change anything in your past, would you?
Besides the obvious? If I had the benefit of hindsight, I’d probably be better with money, and be more brave.
What is one of your standard meals at home during the week?
Sausage and mash. Actually, I think we’re having it tonight!
What was your favourite childhood cartoon?
Jem. We had one VHS of two episodes, I’m surprised the tape didn’t wear out, we watched it so much!
What song reminds you of a happy time?
Summertime by Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff. My memory seems to put me on Barmouth beach listening to that.
What is your favourite comfort food?
Chilli. Ooh, or mashed potato, but the instant stuff from Lidl with the onions and croutons. Don’t judge me.
What is the nicest smell you can think of?
What is your favourite joke?
Anything cheese pun related.
(eg) What cheese do you hide a horse in? Mascarpone!
What was the last gig you attended where you sang along with the band?
…I can’t even remember the last gig I went to!
What was the last film that made you laugh a lot?
Last film I watched, Despicable Me. Impossible not to laugh! Bapple.
If you had a weekly column in a newspaper, in what newspaper would it be and what would you write about?
Hahahahahahahah. Oh Jo. Y’know, I think I’ve answered this recently.
If you could hypnotise people, what would you help them do?
Not smoke? Be more awesome?
(edit Oops. I forgot the questions that you lot are supposed to answer. Pretend that this isn’t here and these questions were here the WHOLE time)
- What’s your go-to outfit for any occation?
- What’s the first thing you install on any new phone/computer/something electrical?
- If you could be eating any meal in the world right now, what would it be?
- Whats your favourite comic (web or print)
- Whats the first thing you do when you wake up?
- What made you start blogging?
- Whats the recipe that you know you can always knock together quickly when you need to bake? (Sweet andÃ‚Â savoury!)