A lazy day today – so lazy that I’ve done photos of my new PJ’s instead of an outfit photo! I can barely stand at the moment from blisters caused by walking in new shoes.
Unfortunatly I didn’t win the Freya Blog Star competition – but I was sent the above set for being a finalist. Its so comfy. I don’t normally like to wear vest tops for PJ’s, but this has a support band bit inside and padded straps which makes it more comfortable. The bottoms are pretty awesome as well – they’re long enough for me without having to wear them like hipsters.
Alex went to Las Vegas on Monday, which has meant I’ve been trying to see lots of people after work – on Tuesday I went out for dinner, on Wednesday I did karaoke (sober, with someone I’ve only spoken to via Twitter – thats one way to break the ice), on Friday I had milkshakes at Rocotillos (OM NOM) and last night I went to All About Pig after winning a ticket on Twitter.
It was so fun – I’ve never been to anything like it before and had only met one of my dining companions before! Everything was so delicious as well, I was so stuffed by desert time. I was glad to have quite a walk back into town to get the night bus home!
Things I’ve liked this week (despite not having much time to read any blogs, bah!):
- I love Kris Atomic‘sÃ‚Â drawings, and her recent posts about sketching on the iPad makes me want to be better at drawing – I bought a cheap stylus last weekend, but I think I’ll have to “borrow” Alex’s expensive one when he eventually gets home!
- Sian’s crochet bunting – I’m still obsessed with bunting, and I need to learn how to crochet!
- There’s going to be a online Sweet Valley follow on from Sweet Valley Confidential – hopefully it will be a bit more interesting and less about how much scandal can you put in a book
- Ellie’s silhouette tutorial looks like something I should do this afternoon.
- Fritha’s Bristol map as part of a wedding invite is so cute! I’d love to see a massive version :)
- Danni’s Fat Friday posts are always awesome, but this weeksÃ‚Â shortbread swirls are really yummy looking.
- Lots of tips on how to pipe buttercream on Lay the Table
- If the world were a village of 100 people, what would its composition be?
I’m overwhelmed from the response to my Race for Life post – I’ve already raised Ã‚Â£175 out of my Ã‚Â£250 target (perhaps I should adjust it?) If you’d like to donate, please visit my Race for Life page
Right, cup of tea and some toast I think!
That iPad drawing link is wicked, thanks a lot!