Floop. That, dear friends (readers? lovers? No.) is the sound of a very exhausted but happy girl. (Its also the sound a spaniel makes when she falls off the top stair. Or the bed. Or a chair. She’s a bit clumsy really)
I finished my first week of work, and I’m enjoying it so far. Which is weird. I mean, you guys put up with me complaining on Twitter most of the time about my old job, how dull and repetitive it was, how the people were were douches, how generally crap everything was. New job is pretty much everything old job wasn’t. Interesting (my brain actually hurt from all the info I’ve been taking in), pleasant (even the chefs in the cafe downstairs asked how I’m getting on!) and different (so many new things to learn!). The only crap part about it is that my journey takes (on a good day) about 90 mins. Each way. Still, time to read more books and in theory blogs (once I top up my iPad – I haven’t bothered while I’ve been home all the time!)
I love this Miss Selfridge dress. Its such a nice shape, but unfortunately just a biiiiiit too short for me. Always the way. I bought it last year when I returned the top that the personal shopper matched me up with because the beads fell off after one wear. Theres no way I can wear this dress without tights or leggings, and unlikely I can wear it with heels. Boo! Wont someone think of the tall girls?
A few links to keep you entertained:
- Heels – The proof that women are tougher than men (definitely one I agree with this week, I’ve been wearing heels all day, its weird!)
- Alarm Dock – Maybe this would make getting up at 6.10am slightly easier (*sob*)
- Nic made some doggy birthday cake for her spaniel, Chester’s first birthday. I’m definitely going to have to make this for Fern.
- Harry Potter in comic form. Awesome.
- The neatness of these exploded items pleases me.
- There are still some tickets available for KittenCamp on Wednesday – I’m going!
- Another Bristol thing – cliftonchatterbox.com launched last weekend, and its gorgeous :)
- The new SNL Digital Short with Andy Samberg (I think you know already I <3 him. A LOT) Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga was on last night and it is AWESOME. As you’d expect. I love their outfits.
- Doctor Hoo t-shirts at Threadless. Who knew owls were so recognisable as humans? (I like the Eccleston and Tennant owls best)
- Love the Modcloth “Who, What, Wear, Wed” collection of outfits. Can someone get married please, or just give me a reasonable excuse to buy a nice new dress? Ta,
*sigh* Since I have so little time in the week to do anything, today is a day of chores. Bah. I don’t even have any Veronica Mars left to entertain me, I finished the last episode yesterday. Now what to watch?