smug /sm’??/ Ã¢â‚¬â€œadjective,Ã‚Â smug?ger,Ã‚Â smug?gest.
- contentedly confident of one’s ability, superiority, or correctness; complacent.
- trim; spruce; smooth; sleek.
There is a breed of human around called a smug married, the Wife and the Lord (yes, Nathan has been upgraded from mere “boy”) which I am afraid that I am becoming with Alex.
However, I should mention that the following things are not smug
- Ordering the same item in a restaurant. Sharing that item would be smug, feeding each other would be epic smugness.
- Matching bed sheets. No, not our beds in our respective homes (would that be more smug than feeding each other?) but matching pillow cases, duvet covers and sheets.
- Holding hands. No, wait, thats smug.
Oh, and the XKCD comic up top? Yeah, thats what I feel like I’m doing whenever I mention Alex (did I mention I had a BOYFRIEND?)