…and something else
I know, it’s been a bit quiet around here. That’s partly because I’ve been pretty unwell for a few weeks, but also because I’ve been going out a lot more (please note, I am not complaining about going out.)
Here’s a bit of a post where I almost mention what’s been going on.
- Spending many evenings at the Banco Lounge drinking tea. I am tea’d out most nights we go. This makes me quite happy
- A full calendar. I put any event that happens into my Google Calendar, so I can see what I did on a certain date. (This has proven to be useful more than once, and is not just me being very anal)
- Knee high socks and thick thick tights. Keeping my legs all toasty warm, which is always a good thing.
- Being spoilt, just a little bit. Of course, being pampered in Birmingham was awesome, but there’s no way I could do that every week.
- BFF’s. Seeing Helen last weekend was awesome, but made me sad I don’t see her as much I see Louise (aka The Wife). She totally needs to move closer. I love that I can tell those two anything, and whilst they usually mock me, they do answer my trÃƒÂ©s stupid and/or embarressing questions.
- Mini hot water bottles from Paperchase. Small enough to fit in my work bag, big enough to make my back feel better. And it’s so cute!
- Hocus Pocus. It’s almost Halloween, which means you should curl up on the sofa (with a cup of tea, of course) and watch this film. Also, I’m pretty sure Helen, Zoe and I tried to do the walk after leaving Red last weekend. We weren’t drunk, just…erm…happy. Yeah.
- Not keeping up to date. A full calendar means that on the days when I’m not going out after work, I tend to go to bed early. Which means I’m not keeping up to date with my money diary. I have a drawer full of reciepts to decipher :(
- Things breaking. As I waited for my train last week, I ended up buying a pair of Skullcandy Lowrider headphones. After a 10 minute battle with the packaging (seriously, people were watching me on the platform) I got into them and enjoyed listening to music on the way back to Bristol. Fast forward to Friday morning. I was waiting for the lift at work, and went to take my headphones off. All of a sudden – crack! They had snapped in half right on the band. After a struggle with 3 different employees at HMV, I managed to get a refund, but now I’m really put off Skullcandy and HMV.
- Work. I’m still temping at the same place as before, and whilst I am actually being spoken to now, I’m really not enjoying what I’m doing. My poor little brain is being underused, so I end up overthinking other stuff. Not good.
- Doctors. As mentioned, I’ve been ill. The main things are fatigue, joint aches and headaches. But since all my blood tests (they took 5 or 6 vials, all to test different things!) came back “normal“, the doctors say there’s nothing wrong. Right. Because it’s totally normal for a 26 year old to be so exhausted all the time.
And finally, happy first anniversary to one of my favourite couples, Alec and Suz. Can’t believe its been a year since their awesome wedding in London :)