Busy As A Stripy Insect

Hmm, well, maybe. This week has been a bit more busier than recent weeks, and thats a good thing. I think.
On Monday, it was my little sisters 23rd birthday, so my dad and I travelled up to Chester (about 200 miles with the diversions we ended up making). We got back at about half 3, so we opened our mail, I hopped on the bus to town, bought Guitar Hero for Steph, gave it to her and then hopped on another bus to go to my old workplace, which was fun! People seemed a bit surprised to see me, but it was nice to see quite a few of them again. We went for dinner with Steph and her boyfriend at Blackhouse Grill, which is our favourite restaurant to go with Dad.
We drove back on Tuesday, thankfully not as early as Dad wanted to originally, as he decided to skive off work for another day (bloody lazy assed contractors*)
Wednesday – can’t honestly remember what I did. Thats why being jobless sucks so much!
On Thursday, I borrowed Max’s bike, and cycled 13 miles around the city. Exhausting, but quite fun as well. I cycled down Park Street (I’m not sure how steep it is, but it is quite quite scary to cycle down!). An agency called me that afternoon with the offer of a temping job for a week starting the next day. I took it because it would be nice to be working again.
Friday, I started the temping job based in the KPMG building on Temple Street. I really had missed working in an office! Its lovely being based so close to home – it only took me 10 minutes to walk there in the morning, and 15 on the way back (walking up the hill, sigh)
Saturday, Louise and Nathan popped over and we went shopping in Clifton Village. We had some lunch at the White Lion, which has amazing views of the River Avon, and bought pretty pretty things. Louise and Nathan bought me a huge glass cake stand (3 tiers!) for a housewarming present. (Nathan got the most presents though, a metal notice board with tank shaped magnets to practice manoeuvers on and a BBQ Sword) Ooh, fun!
Dave came down from Aberystwyth as well to stay with us, so after a few too many glasses of wine, him and Max headed into town, which seems to have been an entertaining night out.
Today, I woke to find Eman sleeping on my sofa, which was a bit of a surprise! We went downstairs to have a fry up at the cafe, then headed to Makro via Eman’s house to drop him off. We spent far too long and far too much in Makro, because who doesn’t need a 5kg bag of garam masala powder?
Everything has gone back to normal now, and I shall be heading to work in the morning, sighs.

* This is just something I say to my dad, and is nothing to do with anything else!


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest from Instagram

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No connected account.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.

Copyright © 2007 - 2019  ceriselle.org and Hayley Constantine Howells · Theme by 17th Avenue

Copyright © 2019 · Amelia on Genesis Framework · WordPress · Log in

%d bloggers like this: