Clothing at Tesco – Too Much Choice!

I was reading the weekly Money Saving Expert email (brilliant for finding out about discounts, etc) and noticed that Tesco had finally gotten their Clubcard stuff online (they may have before, I don’t know). They have a section in “Your Account” where you can see all vouchers ever issued and any unspent ones. Before I moved in with Alex, I hadn’t changed the address on my Clubcard and so hadn’t seen any vouchers in a year or so (I wasn’t getting much anyway, but now we do a LOT of shopping at tesco) I found that I had £15 of unspent vouchers. Score! Even better, Tesco are doing their exchange thing where they double the value. So, I’ve got £30 to spend on a site I knew about but hadn’t really spent much time on.

Here’s a few of the outfits I’ve created – each top/bottom combination comes to about £30, and none of the dresses are over £16 – so I could get 2!

The “Kate” dress (£16) 2in1 Jumper Dress (£18 £9) F&F Dress (£14)

top skirt

Vintage Ruffle Blouse (£16) Check Skirt (£18)

jumper shorts

Knitted Jumper (£14 £10.50) Check Shorts (£16)

jumper pegleg

Oversized Pointelle Jumper (£18 £9) Jacquard Peg Leg Trousers (£16)

The only problem now is that I have too much choice!

7 Responses

1. Amy November 24, 2010 / 11:46 am

I love the Kate dress – after Miss Middleton so soon?! I really love the vintage ruffled blouse too, though!

2. The Girl November 24, 2010 / 11:48 am

I always have a pop in to look at the Tesco clothing now whenever I’m in town. I got a pencil skirt from there for work a bit ago for £10 and I’m more than a little in love with it. Word of warning though, on the top row the dress on the far right with the stripes and then the black skirt? I tried that on the other day and it looked kinda cheap. In my opinion if I’m paying £14 it shouldn’t look like it cost less than a tenner. Or maybe I was just having a bad day and the lighting in the changing rooms was bad.

3. daisychain November 24, 2010 / 7:06 pm

I really want the Kate dress, but Mum stole my vouchers :( Haha, LAME. I wish I still had my staff discount, we often got 20% off clothing.

4. Harriet November 24, 2010 / 7:10 pm

I love the first jumper, and the vintage ruffle blouse! Tesco really are doing some great things at the moment – the dress I’m wearing currently is from them!

5. Danni November 24, 2010 / 10:47 pm

:o OM those peg leg trousers are screaming your name Hayley. They’re gorgeous!! I’m impressed with it all 2bf, Tesco is certainly going up in the style books!

6. Sarah November 25, 2010 / 12:49 pm

THAT DRESS IS NOTHING LIKE KATE MIDDLETON’S DRESS!! Ah it really annoys me, it’s all over the mags as a ‘lookalike’. Make the sleeves longer, and then we’ll talk. (Also, then it’ll be a sell out, because flattering long-sleeved dresses are hard to find).

I like the vintage ruffle blouse and checked skirt. Not too sure on the shorts…